Tuesday 20 May 2014

Gunga Din Patio Clean-up Blues: Tuesday, May 20th

A person may cause evil to others not only by his actions but by his inaction, and in either case he is justly accountable to them for the injury. -John Stuart Mill, philosopher and economist (1806-1873) 


Craft does not take reservations at that time. It is first come first serve. The place is quite big. Shall we take our chances or take Pat up on his offer to host at the Islay Inn again? Let me know your preference.

I vote for Craft, particularly if il condutorre is willing to be Plan B. 8^)
cheers, Mark Sounds like a plan Mark. By " that time" do you mean 7? I suppose a couple of us could get there a bit early to secure a table.


 Unless Sarge could arrange to have the place cleared as part of a pre-NRBC meeting security sweep? Just to set the tone for the book discussion. Guy
George, all I will try to be there. (nove:). M 

Tout va bien mes NRBCers astucieux! Plan B en attente jusqu'à ce que nécessaire! Cheers, Le chef d'orchestre! 

Hi Gents, I am back from my trip to London and will come to our meeting wherever it be. Regarding the next book. I suggest Indian Summer by Alex Von Tunzelmann. I have the book in epub format in case anyone interested. Cheers Moe


We could say, “give us a table or we start loudly reciting subversive Quebecois literature on your doorstep”... I was at Craft a few weeks ago and a table for 4 took about 40 minutes.

Okay. See you all at Craft, 7PM Sunday. We wont take no for an answer. 

Salut Lads! Imaginez combien d'argent nous pouvons relever de tous les clients qui n'ont pas lu le livre! Nous allons rire tout le chemin à la tirelire! Cheers, Le chef d'orchestre! 

Hi Lads! Imagine how much money we can raise from all the customers who haven't read the book! We'll be laughing all the way to the Piggy Bank! Cheers, The Conductor!
Say happy work anniversary!


Hi Rae, Rick, Judy and Felines!

Trust all goes well in Simi Valley Paradise!  Just wanted  to say hello but also have been meaning to ask, for some time, if you might have come across a couple of pairs of riding gloves I may well have left in your garage. (Or elsewhere in house, for that matter.) 


Not positive that they are there but I do know that they have been missing since I returned in November. (It is remotely possible that I left them at Ayn's but she is so obsessive-compulsive about keeping every stool, vase and ornament aligned according to her likes that I'm sure she would have ferreted them out in a nano second!) If I did misplace them they might well have fallen behind something, either in the garage proper or else in the carpeted area. One of the pairs is my "lobster" pair as they are intended for cold weather riding and hence look like crustacean claws! Perhaps Joey or Chandler ate them!

Anyway, if you come across them perhaps you could pass them along to the Drill Sergeant and she can mule them to Falcon Lake this July or to Vancouver this August. I gather you, Ricardo, will be coming to Tofino. What about the rest of the family? It would be grand to have you stay with us, for a few days if time/inclination allow. At any rate, you are all welcome should the occasion ever arise.
Hope all continues to go well with you and your pampered Valley lives, both Simi and Glen! Fondestos from Cora Lee. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pics: Patio Woman; Sarge with Avery, his first grandchild; Birthday Goil with Beckster, Avery's mother and "Aunt" Chloë!

Patrice a meece io My gawd! Who organizes your calendar? To take a hybrid lyric from Simon & Garfunkle (everyday's an endless stream of cigarrettes and magazines) everyday's and endless stream of parties and bike rides and unbelievable dinners and wine !!!!

What an ending to last week's Game of Thrones (but I saw it coming) We're in renovation hell at the moment. When the dust clears I will search for the gloves. I don't think the boys ate them though. All the best


Hi again, Ricardo, or should I say, Fire and Brimstone Man! Please don't worry about gloves. (I wondered why The Boys were always trying to get into the garage! Guess they like lobster too!!!) If they materialize, fine, but please don't spend too, too much time searching. Thanks.


Are you having kitchen worked upon? Cora Lee thought this might be the case as I think Rae had spoken to Ayn about it, at some point. For my part, I always enjoyed space as it was, appliances, (Feline friendly fridge, per esempio!), but who am I to judge. At any rate, Buona Fortuna!

On another matter, will we see you in August at Long Beach? Cheers, Patrizzio!

I won't be able to make Long Beach All the best Livingstone 



Hi again, Ricardo! Sorry to hear that you won't be along at Tofino and environs. Nevertheless, Cheers, Patrizzio!
Is there a summary of this email!! The short answer is "NO"! However..............

Hello Andrew! Very sorry to hear about your affliction but know it can't keep a good man down! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello Abu Dhabi Bound Folk! Trust all goes well with you and Madcap and rest of family. Cheers, Trizzio!

Hello Patrick Thanks for coming on Sunday and for sending these photos -- what a wonderful Greek event--roasting the fatted lamb--very neat to see.  Roland Case looks terrific. I recognize Stephanoula --will look for at graduation as I am attending this year. 

Also must complement you as you are looking super!!  Your cycling really agrees with you. Colin will get back to you about the Scotch event.  I know we have to leave early Saturday morning for Victoria--so he is hesitating especially if he tastes too much Scotch. Anyways for now take care and happy cycling--the weather is terrific. Cheers 


Hi Jo-Anne! Glad you enjoyed snaps. Do hope you bump into Stephanoula. She's a lovely young woman. Thanks for compliments regarding cycling. Must say I'm really enjoying riding and only wish I had started when I first started working at UBC. No real reason not to have done so. Cheers, Patrizzio!
Rebecca Frazier

Date Night! Dinner at Dark Table.....

Hi Bicycle Catastrophe Woman! Trust all goes well on VI. Say hello to Dinao for us. Any chance we will see you before you head back to Cape Breton? Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Quite the email, you had a busy long weekend! I have been travelling the ferries, highways and bike trails on Van. island - perfect weather and company.  Dinao, Gordon, Al, Aline, jack and tracy Fulton, Van and Deb Henderson (Duncan bc) and Maggie and Hans Grundman ( friends in Bictoria we knew in Saudi Arabia), I  in the ferry thinking about a bike ride tomorrow, are you going out ? Rhoda
 
Hi Multi-Vehicle Traveller!

Sounds as if you have been busy as well! Where are you staying the night? When can you ride tomorrow? Call me this evening and we can chat about ride.




Ride to dentist in Heart of Kits, 8.78 km over 0:32'35 for an AVG of 16.2 km/hr!

Had a grand one later, once back home. Set out at 3:00 pm that afternoon. Regular route out to UBC/Marine/Kent and then Fraser Foreshore Park to return up Cambie. Stats for ride:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/503852923#.U3wPHPi3cEA.email

Pleased inasmuch as I am starting to increase and maintain my AVG to 23 km/hr. Talk soon, I trust. Cheers, Patrizzio!



Pic: Did you steal Spumoni's earrings to pay for spoke?

Pat, I do recognize Mike Chikides (sp?). It looks as though he has kept himself fairly trim. He was a football player on scholarship at Boise University in the early 70's. He was a very good friend of a fellow I played rugby with, Doug Schick. Doug went on to play professionally in Wales and France. In fact, I played against him in 1973. Since then, he has become a very successful businessman.

I'll see how many jobs I can get done around here and get back to you later regarding tomorrow's proposed ride. Ray 


Hi Lads! I talked to Ski about an hour ago and she will be driving in from White Rock tomorrow to arrive at The Heartbreak Terrace some time between 10:00 am-10:30 am. I'd like to show her the Iona route, (in terms of time/difficulty), so if that works for both/either of you, we could meet at King Ed/Maple at around 11:00 am. Again, if time/route is not convenient/agreeable, please go earlier, if needs be, if you plan to ride. At any rate, let me know and we'll plan accordingly. Cheers, Patrizzio! 

P/G, At 23km/h, not sure I'll be able to keep up. I'll be in touch in the morning.
Ray



Robo Man and Galiano Sharecropper: Just ride beside Ski and chat and you'll be just fine! As long as she doesn't lead you into a ditch when she's riding without holding handlebars, a la the unlucky Brit! Talk in the morning. Cheers, Patrizzio!





Dear Patrick, Please join us for a special Sneak Preview Event for the 2014 Vancouver Writers Fest (October 21-26).
Thursday, June 12, 5:30 - 7:00 pm, Dockside Pub at the Granville Island Hotel

Enjoy a glass of wine and appetizers as Artistic Director Hal Wake shares some exciting details about the upcoming Festival.

You will have a chance to meet some of the Festival writers, and, for your summer reading, we will give you a sneak preview reading list with the names of authors confirmed for the 2014 Festival and information about their upcoming books.

We look forward to seeing you, The Writers Fest
Dear Intern! I'm delighted to be invited to the Sneak Preview. My wife, Corinne Durston, also received an invitation and we will both attend. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!
PHOTO ESSAY – Great Vancouver Hikes: A New Alternative to The Chief

 

No comments:

Post a Comment