Sunday 4 May 2014

Post-Wedding Overhang Blues: Sunday, May 4th!

The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother. -Theodore M. Hesburgh, educator (1917- )  


Hi Doubles Man!

Congratulations on your string of victories, particularly the upset! Bravo!!! Glad to hear that Mark and Susan are home safely and had such a wonderful trip. Assumed it would have been, given emails regarding bike ride and anniversary dinner. Will definitely "grill" them if we decide that one or more of those countries are possible destinations to add on to Inja trip.



Drastic cure for an overhang!
Busy, busy time here and loads to tell but don't have too, too much time before I have to head back to our room to ready myself for dinner. Grogg made more reservations for us, as well as for our Swiss friends, Anna Maria and Rudi, parents of our last Swiss boarder, Nadia. They joined us on Friday night at Mama Mia and we had a lovely time. Sarge/Flamin' and company are at the same restaurant, La Hacienda, tonight but their reservations are for 8:15 pm. It's Sarge's birthday so we will have a drink together after our dinner and before theirs. Have a bottle of Glenmorangie Lasanta, 46%, to help him deal with the aging process!

Beach wedding was simply wonderful from every aspect, setting, ceremony, dinner and then dancing. I gather that my Il Conduttore Emceeing was well received so pleased about that. Pretty easy, fun filled job so loads and loads of fun. All of the guests, friends and family, are very pleasant, interesting people and even though we didn't know quite a few didn't take long, around pool, on beach at meals, before we did. I took along a bottle of Aberlour A'bunadh, 60.2%, and so that went down quite well as soon as dancing started! Must say that I guess it did me in as Cora Lee had to have two Security lads, one for each arm, help me to mini-golf cart train, just after 9:00pm, well before evening on beach was to end at 11:00 pm! Coriandre kept me from falling of train and then there was a wheelchair waiting for me at the other end, near our building! Hadn't been in a wheelchair since I was at VGH after my last bike accident! Kind of liked it as I was pretty tired by then!

Not up until 9:00 am this morning but went to gym and had a great workout on elliptical for two hours. Had taken a straw from buffet and used it to sip up the moisture in the foot indentations, sucking the small towel i used to wipe my brow, afterwards for a chaser! Think the liquid was about 50% so not too, too anaemic!!!!

Had lunch near the bar pool where gang usually congregate and when I was ordering two cappuccinos I saw Sarge, in water, at poolside bar, so wished him Happy Birthday. Beckster was beside him and insisted we do a round of For He's A Jolly Good Fellow. Did just that and loads of other people in pool joined in so quite a laugh.



Chloë and I, and about 20 others, are off on the zipline, cenote and Mayan ruins excursion tomorrow so should be fun. Must away as gang are coming for pre-dinner drinks at 5:30 pm and I have about a 15 minute walk back before a quick shower and change. More long pants this evening although we could wear shorts last night. (I changd after ceremony!) Most people kicked off their shoes even before ceremony started and only put them back on for dancing. Fondestos to your Sisterhood from mine! Cheers, Il Conduttore!

Pics: More wildlife. Cora Lee intended to push me off bridge into shallow water where the croc was lurking but was thwarted by the Security lads. One for The Brotherhood!


Hi Hard Drive Rocket Man!
 
Thanks so much for hard work on hard drive! Much appreciated! Sorry to hear about your unhealthy, unresolved socially dysfunctional emotions. Time for malt it would seem!!! Fondestos from The Sisterhood! Cheers, Il Conduttore!


Hi Front End Loader/Bobcat Man

Think that the first job will be to use bobcat at Madroña Manor to move all their gold bullion! Will you be sponsoring the Peloton now, with riding jerseys emblazoned with Infinite FX logo? I'll take take three! Bravo!!! Haven't had a chance to ask Ayn about visit but I'm sure the Goils were very, very, very BAD! Unfortunately, can't seem to open pics you attached. Will try again later. Fondestos from Chloë and Cora Lee! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi, Patrick: Thanks for your most recent message, which I can't find anywhere!  It's something to do with deleting messages from my iPhone or iPad before I've downloaded them on my computer.

Anyhow, I did read your most recent epistle and chronicles of cycling.   One thing I do know how to do is bolt my bike to the front of a bus (not that I have actually done so recently).  I was nervous about this, but I have a friend who drives for Translink and was on the 41 route one day.  So I met him at the UBC loop one afternoon for training and practice, so to speak.  I guess it sounds a little ridiculous and obsessive, but I did get a handle on it, so to speak.
 

Perhaps I've mentioned it before, but lately I am in a seemingly continuous state of being "down the rabbit hole" during the work-week, and almost always going home late.  This is due to confluence of factors: wrapping up a major project; coordinating Summer Reading Club, which will be delivered in a very different way this summer; and endeavouring to leave things in a semblance of order for my successor.  It is busy and stressful, but  I am buoyed by the prospect of going to Dunbar.  It now seems that may happen on July 2.  I'm very keen to get there, but this works well in several ways.

On June 12th, Sandy will be arriving for a visit.  Her family will arrive the following week.  I'll be taking some vacation during that time, and Sandy, Karen and I will go over to Tofino for a couple of days.  I am most definitely looking forward to it!


I think you are perhaps away on another trip right now?   How are the plans for India coming along?    It would be great to see you and Corinne again in the near future, and as you mentioned, another gathering with Eyob and his family would be great too. Hope you are well.

See below for a picture of Karen's a grandson, Linden (10 months old), an exceptionally adorable example of babyhood (of course). Best wishes, Janet 



Hi Kids! See you at our place around 5:30 pm. Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Patrick, Thank you for the rather detailed summary of our evening with you and your lovely women. Gerry didn't appreciate your comment that his wine was 'anaemic' but you are entitled to your opinions no matter how poorly founded. Enjoyed your photos too.

Well you are probably speaking right now as MC of the wedding - oh no today is Sunday not Saturday. We are heading home tomorrow - Monday and will stay with Mags until we leave next Sunday. We gather our townhouse may not even be ready at the end of May - this is becoming a problem. 




Trust you are enjoying the decadent life in Mexico. Have fun and we shall see you over the summer I'm sure. Dawn
Marvin Angelo Mercado Best wedding ever !!! So happy to be able to call Nicole Marie my wife !! Thanks everyone for making our day so special
Thanks for all the birthday wishes. It has been a great weekend. The Wedding was very special.

Ola! Our res tonight is at La Hacienda (Mexican) at 6:30PM, For 5, but should be OK same as at the Italian for 7 of us. See you through the day...G&F 

This illness going viral in certain professional circles:

Dunning–Kruger effect

Social psychologists Justin Kruger and David Dunning theorize that the less competent an individual is at a specific task, the more likely they are to inflate their self-appraised competence in relationship to that task. This phenomenon is popularly referred to as the Dunning–Kruger effect.

Hi Big Al! Which professional circles? Certainly not in Law or Librarianship, I trust! Cheers, Patrizzio!



 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment