Friday 13 June 2014

Black Cat Blues: Friday, June 13th!

Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire. -William Butler Yeats, writer, Nobel laureate (1865-1939) 


Hi Patrick Sounded like a fun evening of bridge with once again fabulous prizes!!!

I wasn't sure when you were leaving for the big celebrations but thought I'd take a chance. There is a great YouTube video of Colleen with Jim Byrnes and Steve Dawson singing "Picking Wild Mountain Berries" if you are interested. You also might want to check out her hit single with her band No Sinner "Boo Hoo Hoo".
 

Have you on the calendar for June 19th. I'm happy to bring either an appy or dessert. Any preference? Cheers Elaine 

Hi Elaine! Thanks for tips on Colleen. Will certainly follow up.

With respect to the 19th, I've "consulted" with Mme. Coriandre and she has asked if you would bring a dessert. At this time there will be a total of 21 people, or so. I'm asking two other couples to bring a dessert each so just to let you know that there will be, with your contribution, three in all. Didn't want you to think that you were responsible for providing one of your fantabulous concoctions for entire gathering!

Thanks again. Look forward to seeing you and Theodore in a little over a week now. Let me know if you might like a parking spot that evening. Cheers, Patrizzio! 


Dessert it is. Looking forward to the event. Cheers, Elaine

Thanks Elaine! Take care of yourself until then! Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Hi Sarge/Flamin'! Trust everything goes well in Prince George and with flood relief! Cora Lee has been nagging me to nag/remind you that if you want Early Bird tickets for VFF, today is last day, June 16th, I believe, for GF, before price goes up.

With respect to CBBQ, if Flamin' would bring a dessert, specifically the wonderful gluten-free creation she made a short time ago, that would be much appreciated.
 

I assume we will see you both at Avery's birthday bash. We won't be there until after 6:00 pm as Cora Lee is volunteering at Aunt Leah's until 5:30 pm. Could you send along the Coquitlamites address so we can plug it into Garmin Goil! Thanks. See you this evening. Cheers, Patrizzio!

We have the tickets bought and looking forward to Thursday. Wayne Grand!
 
Hi Darling Denise and Will Bill! Trust the ex-Panamanians are both well. Been a busy time here so apologize for not contacting you a bit sooner. With respect to the 19th, wonder if you would bring a salad, (green or  rice or pasta or bean concoction. 

At this time there will be a total of 21 people, or so. I'm asking two other couples to bring a salad as well, (You are first on list so please let me know your choice as soon as you've decided. Thanks!), so just to let you know that there will be, with your contribution, three in all. Didn't want you to think that you were responsible for providing a single salad for entire gathering!

Thanks again. Coffaros arrive on Monday. Cheers, Patrizzio!


This is for Patrick, I don't seem to have his email address. Saw a really good film on Netflix tonight–Ride to Glory is the English title but it's a French film about the Tour de France. A bit comedic but inspiring. Hope you like it. Agneta

Hi Agneta! Thanks for suggesting title. Will look forward to seeing it. from what you say I'll make it part of my Granfondo training program. Thanks again. Cheers, Patrizzio!
Thanks for all the endearing birthday wishes! Off to Chez Panisse for lunch!!! Good swim early this morning, fun World Cup matches all day, and the Yankees-A's game (on TV as well!) this evening. Can't complain!!!
  • Patrick James Dunn Happy Birthday from The Islay Inn! Hip Hip Hooray! Cheers!!! Take delivery of our cask strength bottlings in 2016. Will have a few birthday drams then but I hope more in the not so distant future!
Hi Whistler Woman! Trust your week went well. Are you planning to ride tomorrow? I think I suggested that perhaps we might towards the end of last Saturday's grand outing. In case you are interested in stats: 

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/515808683#.U5OMo8mE3_Q.email

Give me a shout tomorrow morning or send along an email. I'm usually up by 7:00 am, if not earlier.

Had some other good rides this week.
Yesterday out to UBC as I'm using the Foreshore Hill as part of my training regimen. Climbed the hill six times, interspersing runs through campus after 4th and 6th ascents to give me distance I needed, by the time I was back on Spanish Banks, for a 100 km ride, once back home. Stats for ride:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/519419390#.U5o9BkFZVRw.email
 

Had a great time that evening at VWF Sneak Preview at GI Hotel. List of authors who will be attending Festival in October is presented. Some really exciting people have been booked.

Today I met Robo Man, (
He was tutoring a student near campus earlier that morning.), at UBC, in plaza by Chan Centre at 11:00 am, and we headed long Marine and over Arthur Laing out to Iona. Head wind, on return, wasn't overly strong so a very pleasant outing. 


I was headed for my barber on 41st/Arbutus so it was a perfect loop for me. Left Raymondo on 37th and Pine Crescent and proceeded to Economy Barbershop. Had fun watching the Netherlands embarrass Spain while Dino was lowering my ears. Off to Minerva's afterwards to pick up a few appetizers, (olives and dolmades), for tonight's 1st birthday party, for Avery, Flamin's/Sarge's granddaughter, out in Port Coquitlam. Then home to leave shopping and head out to Costco, on my errand Brodie, with panniers, for a few more small items. Stats for today's ride: 

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/519933470#

Before that I dropped in to Reckless, on Davie, to see Lars Eberle, the store manager, about how Paul was doing. Not surprisingly, Lars still seemed pretty upset and actually asked me to call him later, as he said he would probably start crying, then and there, if he talked about what happened.  He gave me his cell number and asked me to call after 8:00 pm. Can't really even begin to imagine what he and other employees, never mind Paul's family, are going through.

Stats for errand ride: 10.70 km over 0:36'16 for an AVG 17.7 km/hr 


At any rate, when we returned from fun birthday bash, I called Lars but there was no answer, or possibility of leaving a message, so I don't know if he was out or simply not answering. Anyway, I'll be in touch with him tomorrow or over next few days, more to express my sympathy and concern than to learn more about horrific act.

Talk tomorrow, one way or another. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Gorgeous plantings of lavender outside complex where Beckster and Kid Chelene, Avery's parents, live; my appetizer.


 




No comments:

Post a Comment