Wednesday 4 June 2014

Two Tables of Bridge Blues: Wednesday, June 4th

I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. -Susan B Anthony, reformer and suffragist (1820-1906) 

Hi, No Problem..I had a bad sleep anyway so not highly motivated at the moment but I’m sure I will snap out of it when the wind is in my face. Talk to you anon.

Stanchion Man masquerading as Maytag Man!
Hi Big Al! Just a quick note to thank you, again, for all your valuable time, energy and expertise, particularly when I know how terribly busy you are, juggling so many other tasks, projects and jobs, for yourself and others. That being said, in case you have too, too much cash from all your "paid" activity, perhaps you could help out this poor chap:

Hello, I really hope you get this fast. Sorry for any inconvenience, but I'm in a terrible situation right now. I came down to Philippines for a program before everything went wrong, which left me with almost nothing! My wallet and other valuables were stolen off last night by unknown thugs, leaving my passport and life safe.
 

My luggage is still in custody of the hotel management pending when I make payment on outstanding bills I owe. I contacted my bank (E-mail) for a wire transfer but it has proven almost Impossible to operate my account from here as they made me understand international transactions take 7 working days to be effective I have also been to the police and embassy here, but they are not helping issues, which i can't wait.

I need you to help me with a loan of ($2,500.00 USD) to pay my hotel bills and get my self home. I will appreciate so much and definitely refund your money as soon as I am home. Let me know if you can be of help.
Sincerely,
Sanjeda Nasreen, MSW, RSW
 

Even thought I don't know him personally I was quite touched that he chose me to approach when he found himself in such dire straits. He sounds like an upstanding citizen so I'm sure he will repay any money you front him! Please let him know if you can be of help! Sincerely, Patrizzio Dunn, PTSD, MDD, AD, PMD, SAD! WOW poor guy. Please let me know where to send the $$ asap.  ;) 

 [Thanks to you and Cora Lee for an enjoyable evening.......much fun. Ed

Hi Fast Eddy! Glad to have you along and pleased you enjoyed yourself as well! Will be in touch about next game. However, not quite sure when that will be as looks like a busy next few weeks. Cheers, Il Conduttore!] 

Dear Nudnik! Please send a signed cheque, (I'll fill in amount so don't worry your pretty head about that!), to #20-1425 Lamey's Mill Road, Vancouver, BC, V6H #W2, made out to Patrizzio Dunn, and I'll be sure to forward needed cash to Sanjeda! Pics: Last night's bbq

LOL  .... the check is in the mail  ;b   xoxo Great news indeed! I need a serious influx of cash after Maytag Man's last visit! Cheers, Sanjeda!
 

Did you rescue a new cat??  Hi Allegiant Woman! No, when you book a flight from LA to Bellingham during June, airline Fedex's a cat with confirmation of ticket payment. I believe you will find it buried under either Seat Selection Fee or Convenience Fee as Homeland Security will not allow "Feline" as a category. Agency feels that cats are "weapons of mass destruction" ever since it became aware of Maggie! However, Autumn is a lovely thing and would only rub you death! She belongs to Beckster but we are cat-sitting for Flamin' and Sarge who were cat-sitting for Kid Chelene/Beckster, before Sutherland's kitchen flooded! Leak in hose to fridge. Drying fans were traumatizing poor Autumn so Nana suggested they leave her here for next few days. She woke us at 5:30 am this morning, trying to clamber onto the ledge of our bedroom window, her attention caught by the caged birds twittering away in Gillian's apartmento, one story above!
 

She just woke up from her cat nap in armchair in living room and will now probably try to hop over patio wall. We have closed gate but I'm sure she won't be stymied for long! The coyotes are lining up on the sidewalk at the end of our walkway! If she becomes a tasty morsel you'll have to replace her as I'm now officially "tapped out"! Love and Cheers, Unduplicated Papa-San!

Pics: Unduplicated Mary Martin Nana!
She had her hair cut a few days ago and she looks like Nellie in South Pacific's "I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Out Of My Hair"! I couldn't ask for a "pose" as I'd have been given the baleful/evil eye! Had Sarge, Flamin' and her friend, Juliette, up for dinner last night. (Nicolina dropped by for a drink but stayed! Freeloader!!) Sitting on patio while enjoying pre-dinner drinks, Lonnie, walked by so I invited her in! 


Hi Sara Jane!

I know you like to ride reasonably early so around 9:00 am at The Heartbreak Terrace. Actually the Heartbleed Parkade off Lamey's Mill Road, as I bring my bike out that way. We can confirm on Friday, either by email or phone. Thinking about ride, I'd like to go to Seymour DemFor as I've not ridden there for some time now. We'll need to scope route out of Lonsdale Quay vicinity as there is a huge construction project along Low Level Road, after Esplanade, so we might need to take The High Road, so to speak!

Water leaks are nothing but the stuff of nightmares, as you obviously know. Very, very pleased to report that our dishwasher is now fixed. I'd ordered needed part on Monday and Big Al picked it up yesterday. We arranged to meet at Kent and Boundary this morning, at 10:00 am. Left The Islay Inn at 8:00 am and made my way there via UBC and Marine. 


Latter was fairly quiet so much more pleasant than when huge trailer trucks roar by, inches away! Anyway, we rendezvoused and made our way back via Cambie, just across Marine and then went to Ontario for climb. Very pretty bike route as you probably know and much, much quieter. Was pleased to have a "domestique" along to hit crossing buttons so I didn't have to touch The Dreaded Burning Ground. Back home by around 11:00 am. Stats for ride:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/513978663#.U4-fHYGoeH4.email
 
Didn't take Maytag Man long to hook up line with new intake valve. I had loaded grills from last night's bbq into dishwasher this morning to use as a "test case" and we turned on dishwasher. 

No leakage, (Didn't think there would be as Al really knows what he is doing!), so everyone was pleased as punch. Cora Lee had prepared delish scrambled eggs with fried potatoes so we sat down to a tasty brunch. Told Big Al I wanted to detain him until dishwasher had completed its cycle.  In case a leak developed I wanted him around to set things straight!

After lovely meal we put his bike on my car rack and I drove him home to Burnaby. He is so busy that he really couldn't afford to ride although he would have liked to do so. Dropped him off  and was back home by 2:00 pm. Need to send a few more messages and then get ready for two tables of bridge this evening.
If I'm not in jail, see you on Saturday! Cheers, Patrizzio!
 

Pics: Sleepy Goils this morning; Explorer Cat; Maytag Man!

Hi again, Whistler Woman! Forgot to mention that Joan did work at UBC, in Sedgewick when it was still Sedgewick! Paul was City Librarian and Cora Lee a Director while he was there. Cheers, Trizzio!

Hi Naramata Nereid, et al!

Thank you for seconding Dom Pedro's invatazzzione! Much appreciated, especially when I know it is you, Chocolate Fairy, who leave fabulous bon-bons on the guests' pillows!
 

With respect to suggested dinner, there seems to be some confusion about when Granville Islanders are returning home. I think Sarge would like to drive back on Monday but not sure, as of this scribing, if Flamin' can arrange her work schedule to allow this. If she can, Sunday night would be wonderful. At any rate, thank you for generous invitation. Will confer with other parties and let you know as soon as it has been decided! So let it be written so let it be done!
Cheers, Drug Free Granfondrizzio!

PS: Too, too bad that bracelet is such a hit as Flamin' said she wanted it back since she is miffed that she has to sleep on an inflatable mattress!


Dear friends, I am greatly relieved to tell you, assuming you are interested, that I have now come through a pretty extensive round of medical examinations, and no problems of any malignant nature have been found.

I have an enlarged prostate, that seems to be what was behind it all, and I have received medication to bring down the size. One of several more or less unlikely side-effects is erection problems, but I don't think that will happen to me. Another is increased growth of hair on the scalp, and I sincerely hope that WILL happen to me. So, for this time, I seem to be more or less OK, and I am very humbly grateful for that. Take care, all of you, and I hope to see you all in due time. Kjell 



Just to be extremely clear: the risk of erection problems is said to be less than 5%. So, LADIES, you're not safe yet!! 

Hi Everyone - This North Shore concert has just been announced: 

 http://www.capilanou.ca/blueshorefinancialcentre/Dave-and-Phil-Alvin/

Monday June 23rd. Brenda - this is the day you and Joan return from Bellevue - any idea of your ETA for getting home? We saw Dave Alvin and the Guilty Ones last year with Liisa at a club date and she found it "a bit too country" as I recollect. This will be more blues oriented and the concert setting should provide more (but hopefully not too much) gravitas. Anyway, I plan on being there and anticipate a fine show. Let me know if you are interested and we can discuss a possible dinner before, car pooling etc. Cheers....Paul Count me in. I'm really keen to go. Lynn

Roasted Cauliflower with garlic, caper, olive, thyme and rosemary Ford's Filling Station
  • Patrick James Dunn Plan to try this next time we have cauliflower! Thanks!!!
    Hi Lynn, we are looking forward to seeing you and Peter.
    I will come up with Wayne and Michele probably early Friday and we three will leave on Sunday.
    I was thinking that we could bring some steaks and vegies up with us for supper.
    We will bring a blow up mattress with us as well and bedding.
    What else can we do? Dinner out on Saturday?
    Patrick and Ted will want an early drug free night. Hugs Corinne


    Thank you for the information Patrick.  I've got it marked down for that day.  Even though the service is meant to be simple, it can be personal (no rush) and it is hugely important in that you are walking with her until the final step here on earth.  Thank you for trusting me.  Take care, Karen 

No comments:

Post a Comment