Tuesday 17 June 2014

More Belo Horizonte Belgium Blues: Tuesday, June 17th!

Just as appetite comes by eating so work brings inspiration. -Igor Stravinsky, composer (1882-1971) 

2014 FIFA World Cup, Group H, Estádio Mineirão, Belo Horizonte

 Belgium national football team
The Belgian national football team has represented Belgium in association football since 1904. It is controlled by the Royal Belgian Football Association, the governing body for football in Belgium.


 


The Algeria national football team, nicknamed الأفنــاك, Les Fennecs, represents Algeria in association football and is controlled by the Fédération Algérienne de Football.

Fandango:
 
MEANING:

noun:
1. A lively Spanish dance in triple time.
2. A piece of music for this dance.
3. A foolish or silly behavior, act, or thing.


ETYMOLOGY:

From Spanish, of uncertain origin. Earliest documented use: 1766. 
Takagaki Toshiko
Takagaki Toshiko
I LOVE your Father's Day T-shirt and card!!
My plan of going to California from June 24 to July was cancelled 3 days ago. But I'll definitely go to California in September. My plan is to go to Shasta from Sep.19 to 26, then visit LA and San Diego from 26 to 30. I'll be free in the beginning of September until going to Shasta. I can leave Japan anytime. May I visit you?

  • Patrick James Dunn
    Patrick James Dunn
    Hi Host Daughter! Thanks for compliments on T-shirt and card. I was very pleased with them as well, as you can imagine. Of course, you are more than welcome to visit/stay anytime! You don't even need to ask! Just let us know when it is convenient for you to arrive and we'll plan accordingly. Not quite sure if this will happen, as of this writing, but I am thinking of taking a driving trip, with Sarge, to California, around the same time as you might be going to Shasta. Obviously, don't know how you intend to get there but if schedules work out, you would be welcome to come with us as we pass right by Shasta. Anyway, something to think about. David and Pat Coffaro, friends from California, above Rose Garden at UBC, yesterday. They are here until Friday. We have been visiting their winery, near Healdsburg, Sonoma Valley, for years. Fondestos, Patrizzio!

A message from Brian Kunimoto


Dear All: I am happy to tell you that the ride was a great success, despite the nasty weather. It is unclear to me why the weather is so rotten for this ride. In the past 5 years, this ride was bathed in sun only once. As a result, the organizers will change the dates of next year's ride to August 29, 2015. Nonetheless, spirits in camp were high, undaunted by the cool, wet weather. 
 
Thank you SO MUCH for your kind and generous donation to the BC Cancer Foundation. As I have said in the past, it is my belief that none of the donation goes toward the ride. As a result, in order to run the ride, there must be a large number of volunteers. They were honoured at the dinner on Saturday evening. It was really good to see over 1000 of them cheered by a standing ovation.

You should all feel very good about your contribution to Cancer Research.
The ride raised $9.1 million! Your contribution truly helped me reach my goal of raising over $4000. Thanks again everyone. Brian Kunimoto

Click here to visit my personal page.
Click here to view the team page for Team Feet First

Hi Brian! Congratulations, indeed, on such a successful, (weather aside!), event! Well done on the fund raising front, both personal and overall!!!

I'm currently "training" for the Penticton Granfondo, in July, and then the one to Whistler, in September. Will you be in either/both? First for me so I have my work cut out. All the best. Cheers, Patrick! 



Janet and I are currently totally blinkered with a family visit - only the third time ALL the family have been in one place at the same time . We had thought Canada Day might have to be celebrated in September this year but all the visitors will have left by the end of the month so we are planning to get together at my house for dinner as usual (in the garden we hope).

So this is just an enquiry in hopes that will be able to join us. Could you please let me know and I will get back to you with details when the dust has settled. Sincerely, Doreen
Hello Doreen! Thank you for the lovely Canada Day Potluck invitation. Both Corinne and I would dearly love to join you but we are having our own 4th Annual Harbour Terrace BBQ, a variation on a block-party for residents of our building. In fact, just yesterday I ran off posters to distribute to all the people who live in Harbour Terrace. Unfortunately, seems that, increasingly, with everyone's busy lives, there are more and more conflicting social events.
 

Again, thank you for thinking of including us. Would have been delightful to catch up, (You will probably know that Janet has kept us "updated", to a certain extent, since we have been "consulting" with her about coming trip to India, (2015), as well as over last dinners with Eyob and family.), and see your "expanding" family. I trust you will be able to enjoy your dinner in the garden. We are hoping for fine weather ourselves as we hold our event outside, on the relatively flat lawn to the east of our building, with silly games for children and even sillier adults! Again, many thanks. Cheers, Patrizzio!

We're thinking of going out on the water today....either a guided
Harbour Tour or a day pass on the False Creek Ferries. Which Ferry dock
is closest to our hotel...walking distance? Thanks again for the great overview yesterday. pat


Hi Patrizzia/David! I presume you decided to explore for a tad longer as I've been in touch with David a number of times since we last spoke. Trust you have enjoyed seeing some of the sights.

As you will know, we are delighted to join you for dinner this evening so can catch up on your adventures then. As I mentioned to Dave, we will call as we are walking out the door, timing our drive to collect you at l'Hermitage at about 6:45 pm. Cheers, Patrizzio!


Dear Patrick and Corinne, Thank you very much for the invite. I was thinking of bringing either baguette sandwich of crab and salmon, or home made hummus, mango salsa and avocado dip with crackers. And some of the beer I brewed. May I know which would you prefer, sandwich or appy platter?

Colin is currently vegetarian but eats fish. So we'd like to bring some fish for him to BBQ if it's ok with you. Thanks again and looking forward to seeing you on Thursday! Colin and Yumi

Hi Yu Mi! Thanks for the offer of so many delicious foodstuffs. The hummus, mango salsa and avocado dip sounds more than fabulous so please bring that. Looking forward to samplinging your beer as well. Colin's fish on the bbq, or in the oven, (his decision!), will be fine so glad you feel comfortable enough to mention his dietary preference.

Delighted you are able to attend gathering. (If Colin's son would like to join us he is more than welcome, of course.) Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Pat, Are you interested in riding in the morning? Ray               Hi Raymond!
 

I'd dearly love to ride tomorrow morning but I'm afraid I won't be able to do so. Coffaros are coming here after they check-out of l'Hermitage and once we have them settled in The Annexe we will be heading to Grouse Mountain. I'll do the Grouse Grind and meet them atop the mountain as they are keen to see the grizzlies!

Perhaps on Friday as looks like I won't be visitor free until then. Let me know what your schedule that day looks like and we'll plan accordingly. Cheers, Patrizzio!
Pics: Rose Garden at UBC, yesterday; dinner at Le Crocodile this evening.


Not to worry, Pat. It doesn't look like a very nice morning anyway. I'll probably use the gym instead. Jenny didn't stay in Beziers this past weekend - it was Pezanas which she thought was fabulous. Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment