Wednesday 16 July 2014

Titanium Green Blues: Wednesday, July 16th

In any free society, the conflict between social conformity and individual liberty is permanent, unresolvable, and necessary. -Kathleen Norris, novelist and columnist (1880-1966) was a popular American 


Mein Gott!! What a saga. So glad you are home safe and sound and ready to tackle the next adventure. Take care, Lynnie XOXO

Hi Sara and Tim:

Just a quick thank you for the lovely, lovely reception at Poplar Grove. What a fabulous venue. One of our favourite wineries as well. My friend, Ted, enjoyed himself as well so appreciate the fact that I was able to bring him along. Had a grand time chatting with some of the other participants so that just added to the fun.

Just took a look at my "official"stats this morning. According to my chip I completed course in 6:40:28.6. In my category, Male 60-69, I was 65/122 while Gender Place was 643/988. My goal was simply to finish so I am very pleased that I was able to do so and even more chuffed that I did it about 45 minutes to an hour more quickly than I had supposed I would, all going well. This aside, I had a wonderful time, during the event itself, as well as over the six preceding days when I would treat myself to some wine-tasting after riding various sections of the route, the better to familiarize myself with course terrain. Thanks, of course, to all the staff at Westpoint who helped ensure that my Trek was able to perform so well. Certainly couldn't have done it without the team there so certainly appreciate their hard work and expertise.

Hope to pop by in next few days to say hello and thanks in person but in case I am not able to do so wanted to send this message along. Will be very busy with Folk Fest this weekend and then we leave on July 22nd, driving to Winnipeg, until towards end of August, where there will be a large family gathering to celebrate Corinne's parent's 69th wedding anniversary. Then it's almost time for Whistler Granfondo! I'm riding with a number of other friends I made in my squash playing days. 

If we don't connect before we leave town, trust you and Sara enjoy the rest of the summer. Thanks again. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pics: Drop off at 6:45 am; after crossing the finish line, around 2:00 pm; Poplar Grove! 


Hi Lynne and Jugos Dom Pedro! Thanks again, for your wonderful hospitality, and then for your notes of sympathy for car trouble. Looks like I may well have vehicle back, late tomorrow, or Friday. Parts have to come from Edmonton. Apparently a small door, (This is how it was described to me!), and a fan, both crucial to cooling hybrid's batteries, simply wore out. Probably another cool $1,000 but I'll count myself lucky if I get away with $1,200! Anyway, just happy that this didn't happen on coming drive to Winnipeg even if I have always wanted to cycle across the country!

Glad to hear golf went well. The lamb dinner was delicious, together with $900 baked yellow zucchini, (Keremeos), and fresh blueberries, (Keremeos)!  Time to say goodnight. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pics: (Please forward to Ted as I don't have his email address.) Chloƫ popped by this evening. She needed to collect our two inflatable mattresses as she is off to Saturna for weekend while we Folk Fest with Flamin' and Sarge.


POSSIBLE VISIT IN OCTOBER 2014 Another Visit from Aussies. Wayne

Hi Wayne, Just thought I would ask if you are going to be around in either early
October or late October 2014 as Claire and I are considering the possibility
of saying hi either before or after Claire attends a conference in Denver.
Bit of background, Claire finishes work in August and still wants to be
involved in the program and so the conference is an opportunity for her to
network and for me to have a look around. I think the general consensus is
I am the bag carrier. Anyway, we are looking to have a quick look at your
end of the world for maybe a week or so though very early in the planning
stage at this point..

We need your collective wisdom about some active things we could do this
time of year i.e. October. Things that have come to mind so far is kayaking
with the killer whales north end of Vancouver Island tho might be too late
in the season, perhaps fishing or bears or something, thought you might have
some ideas that might show a little something about Canada that sensible
tourists might NOT do. I can't do much walking due to knee issues though a
Bike tour of some sort might be fun if a little cool. Any suggestions
would be good. Patrick might have some off the wall ideas knowing him. We
thought we would see you all for a few days and then get out of your way and
be tourists a bit.

This retirement caper does have some minor advantages in terms of doing
things when the idea strikes. It's just the whole issue of funding it and
then doing something that keeps you active, being involved with others and
is a little more interesting than just looking at things. Anyway look forward to hearing from you. Cheers Greg and Claire
 

 
We are here all of Oct. I would suggest that you come here first and then go
to Denver. Wayne 


Thanks Wayne, We will take your advice and aim to be there about the week
commencing 6 October. I will let you know when we have firmed up the
arrangements it's all still a little bit chaotic until Claire finally leaves work in about the second week of August. So will talk again soon. Cheers Greg and Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment